A website for your local business
12 reasons why you need a website for your local business. In today’s business world it is essential for all business owners to have a website. The Internet has given many business owners whether small or large the ability to show off what they have to offer.
From the small T-shirt mom and pop printing shop to the large corporate multi-million budget business.
The question I get often is “Why do we need a website”? I’ll give you 12 reasons why you need a website for your local business.
Do you really need a website?
My answer is you do not need a website! However, if you want to compete in today’s online world you will need a website for your local business. Whether it’s a brick and mortar business or an online selling stuff eCommerce business.
If you are a small business owner, you might not want a website. Your thinking might be “tight budget” or too many employees, or how can I spend less not more! However, thinking about those things is a viable reason why you should not have a website.
Do your competitors have one? More than likely they do and it could be one reason why their sales are better than yours. It’s important to find the right web designer in your city.
I have a neighbor who owns fine custom furniture, cabinetry, and refinishing business. His office and place of business are his home. His website tells us exactly what he does, where it’s located, how to contact them and more importantly images and content that tells them what he has to offer.
He uses a free website builder and that cost is only time. Does he really have the time to build and upkeep his website? Probably not.
So without further ado here are my top 12 reasons why you will need a website for your local business.
12 Reasons why you need a website
- Customers are looking for your services or products. They want and need what you are offering. A good responsive website will give them that information.
- You can communicate with your customers online. It could be through social media or straight email communication. Thus, potentially a new customer or sale.
- You should incorporate business cards, flyers, and LED neon signs that have your URL or website address imprinted into the design. The future in online websites is branding and exposure. The more people know your brand the more it will be found. Social media will help deliver your brand and message.
- Your potential customers will have instant access to the company’s website.
- Ecommerce sites can now sell directly from within their site.
- It’s now easier than ever to gather information about your visitor. This will help you develop a better business relationship with your customers.
- You can use feedback forms to find out what your customer wants or needs.
- A website should reflect and have information that could potentially get more buying customers…whether it’s a restaurant, eCommerce or plumbing services in your area.
- You will be able to reach folks who can’t come through your front door.
- Your local website will provide your visitors with links to every service or product you provide.
- The cost to develop a website is not expensive. There are many companies that offer free website building templates.
- Statistics now show that 7 out of 10 people will go to the internet for information before they purchase almost any type of product or service.
In order for a website to be successful, it should have the following
- Have unique and relevant content to your customer base.
- A relevant domain name.
- Responsive Design.
- Fast loading.
- It needs to be mobile and tablet friendly
- SEO: is Search Engine Optimization that helps potential customers find your website via search engines.
- Incorporate Social Media within your website.
It’s important to ask your designer if they can incorporate the above information into your website.
You don’t need lots of fancy, flashy, or blinking graphics that will make your site look unprofessional.
If you want to do business online, you will need a good-looking, functional website. But, if you don’t know web design, it can be hard. That is especially true if you want to add different features to your site, such as a shopping cart. You may need to hire a professional web designer or contact us here.
Like I wrote earlier it is not that expensive. You can also do it yourself. Follow the links below for further information.
DIY (Do it Yourself). Free Website Builder